Dear Members of Riverhill Country Club:
Leaning on our history, looking to our future, we are extremely proud and happy to announce an all-encompassing capital improvement package that will upgrade our facilities and continue the vision of Mr. Byron Nelson and Mr. Joe Finger and allow our current membership and the next generation of Riverhill members to enjoy the vision.
The following projects will begin in February:
1. The Mansion.
The following changes will take place to the Mansion to create a fun, welcoming, friendly, inviting, and true Country Club atmosphere. Whether you come to enjoy a great meal with family, enjoy a craft beer with your golf group at the new bar, or you want to come sit on the patio and enjoy some live music, our new Eleven-Straight venue is the place. Watch the games on our strategically placed televisions, enjoy the music inside, on the patio, putting green or practice facility, get your favorite appetizer or meal from Chef Chase’s new menu options, or come by for an after dinner cocktail or coffee. Eleven Straight, the place to go!
- The south wall of windows will have two new French doors installed that will lead to a spacious outdoor patio. Enjoy a great meal, happy hours, or just relax by the fire.
- The bar area will be expanded into a three-sided bar with seating for eight to ten.
- New furniture and carpet will adorn Eleven Straight and the the upper level of the Mansion, Cedar Crest, creating two distinct dining options. A casual atmosphere to be enjoyed with fellow members and guests or a quieter, slightly more formal area in which to enjoy your experience.
2. Swimming Pool.
The entire pool area will be rebuilt to accommodate our members and their guests. With our demographic getting younger and pool use increasing, we are using the same footprint to build a brand new pool. A resort style pool for families to enjoy and beat the summer heat featuring:
- Seating ledges around the sides, and a 4-inch-deep tanning shelf creates the relaxed atmosphere of a resort pool.
- Cool decking for your feet, and a custom fence to enhance our look.
- State of the art filtration
3. Our largest asset, the Golf Course will also be addressed. Riverhill is a great historic layout, recognized as the one course Mr. Nelson wanted to play. We have retained what we feel is a terrific golf course construction company to help us shine our diamond. Right after the completion of the Byron Nelson Member-Guest we will begin. The scope of work will include the following:
Golf course irrigation.
- Enhancements to the pump house on #4 will allow us to use the water we receive from the city in a much more efficient manner.
- Three phase power and larger pumps will be added to the pump house. Again, increasing our pumping capacity by about 30%. This increase in the use of effluent water will allow us to conserve the fresh water in the lake and use this water for greens should we be hit with another drought.
- Over 50,000 square feet of bunkers will be rebuilt or replaced! Greenside and fairway bunkers will be addressed.
- Capillary concrete floors and faces mean no bunker liners and a more consistent depth of sand.
- Reshaping, rebuilding, and removing bunkers out of play while maintaining the integrity and design of the golf course.
5. Tee Boxes.
- The following tee boxes will be rebuilt. #1,2,8,10,11,16.
- Forward tees will be added on #8,9,11,12
- All of the other tee boxes will be expanded and leveled.
- The shape of the tees and alignment of tees will also be addressed.
6. Fitness Center.
After completion of the mansion, we will convert the Turning Point into the fitness facility. A brighter facility with window views, televisions mounted on the walls, and a new mirrored wall will create a new atmosphere for members to enjoy their workout. Locker room facilities within a few feet will make the new facility the perfect place to workout, shower and enjoy your day at work or the new Eleven Straight.
- New cardio equipment.
- Weight training equipment.
- Proximity to the locker rooms.
- Brighter more open atmosphere creates a space to really work out.
7. Pickle Ball
- The fastest growing sport in the country is coming to Riverhill.
- Four to six pickle ball courts will be built on the tennis courts.
- Leagues and teams will be formed for all membership levels.
We are extremely proud of Riverhill Country Club and grateful to our membership for their commitment to Riverhill. The scope of our work may from time to time cause slight adjustments in our hours of operation which we will communicate. We anticipate the work on the Mansion to be completed early to late spring and the pool to be open for the summer season.
Golf course work will begin after the Byron Nelson. This will allow members to enjoy the spring golf schedule and allow the work to be completed at the height of the growing season.
This is a great time to be a member of Riverhill Country Club, and a great time to invite friends to become members.
As schedules and timelines tighten, we will keep you all informed!
Riverhill 2023, Leaning on our history, looking to our future!